Our most important job is to deliver specific, gentle, and therapeutic chiropractic adjustments so that we free up the stuck bones, reduce the pressure on tense nerves, and cause the relaxation of tight muscles. We utilize some other techniques to help make the adjustment more comfortable or to allow your body to remain in alignment for longer. Some of these additional therapies include:
- Extremity Adjustments – we also adjust shoulders, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles, and other extremity joints – just ask. While spinal adjustments benefit the integrity or your nervous system, extremity adjustments mainly reduce fixations, permit normal range of motion, and allow normal joint function.
- Therapeutic Massage – we work with a number of local Massage Therapists specializing in a variety of techniques aimed at reducing soft tissue dysfunction.
- Trigger Point Therapy – by applying a specific and gentle pressure to your muscle trigger points we can permit your muscles to relax and allow your pain to subside. Basically, a thumb will be jammed into tender and tight muscles with the goal being the reduction in muscle tension and pain.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation – A mild electrical sensation calms your tight muscles and reduces your pain, helping make an adjustment easier or helping relaxed muscles hold your adjustment longer.
- Flexion-Distraction – Using a special moving table, you spine is decompressed and pressure on discs and spinal joints is relieved.
- Nutritional Counseling – At our office we offer free basic advice on nutrition and we partner with local professionals to help you master your diet.
- Rehabilitative Exercises – Simple home exercise routines are implemented after personal instruction from the doctors on form and frequency, helping you avoid re-injury. Let’s face it, most injuries stem from deconditioning and by getting into better shape you can often avoid re-injury.
- Vibratory Massage – The “thumper” provides deep percussive massages following an adjustment, for when your tense muscles just won’t relax on their own and a full massage isn’t possible.